3/30/2008

"Leandra"


The immature bird shown on this photo is "Leandra", a peales x dark Austrian peregrine cross. In 2007 I sold some peales peregrine semen to an Austrian falconer who bred this female. After the hunting season he had not enough place to keep her and therefore I bought her. He told me that he flew her at about 950 grams. Before I placed her in the pen for the moult she already weighed 1150 grams.
I really like her dark colour and her blue feet. Her father, "Joe", was a tiercel I bought and imported in 1994 from Joe Taggert, Idaho, USA. At that time the tiercel was 3 years old and had still blue feet when he arrived! He died in the autumn of 2007 two months before I bought back his daughter. In my breeding stock I have plenty of youngs and grandchildren from "Joe". His son "Joeson", a pure peales, too, is now my main stud bird. For more details of "Joe" go to the "peales" section.

Keine Kommentare: