3/30/2008

Peales x Gyr-Saker Tiercel "Trib"



A photo of my peales x gyr-saker tiercel I bred in 2006. My first specimen of this line. Looked like a female prairie falcon in immature plumage. I flew him from summer 2006 to mid February 2008. Therefore he did not moult completely. I took him out of the chamber with 870 grams, started to fly him at 740 and now his flying weight is around 850 to 870 grams. He was reared by a couple of peregrines. In spring and summer he often soared out of sight but immediately came down in a full stoop when I threw him the lure. The longest stoop I measured was 27 seconds! At approx. 55 meters per second in a vertical stoop this makes a height of about 1600 meters ( 55 x 27 plus about 100 meters to pull out of the stoop).

The youngs from 2007 (2 tiercels and 3 females) looked much more like peregrines in immature plumage. The females went to Arabia, one tiercel to Italy and one tiercel stayed in Austria. From the last tiercel I heared that he became a very high flying waiting-on bird as well. I breed some of these tribreds every year.

Keine Kommentare: